Thursday, August 12, 2010

God really does know best!

I got to thinking about how good and wise God truly is after reading someone else's blog about their husband. They were talking about how when God put the two of them together it was like having the Tortoise and the Hare get married. When I thought about that I realized that my hubby and I are a lot like that. Him being the Tortoise and me being the Hare. The comparison doesn't really work for everything in our relationship, but enough of it. He likes to think things through and think them through and think them through. I like the think them through and then act. And heaven help us if once we've come to a decision something should change b/c I have found that I really don't like that! Hubby is much better at going with the flow than I am. I get all frustrated and it takes me a while to calm down. When it's time to go somewhere I want to leave. I don't like being late (a "side effect" of having the father I have). My dear hubby has a little bit of OCD and tends to check things over and over. Like, the locks on all the doors (not a bad thing to do), the knobs on the stove, unplugging the toaster or anything else that is plugged in. Doing this before we leave to go almost anywhere tends to make us run a little late, which once again, gets me frustrated, which takes me a while to calm down from. Anyway, with all that said, I can honestly say that I love my Tortoise more now that I ever have! I am so very thankful that God brought us together and has kept us together for over 12 years (almost 20 if you count our dating time). We are opposites in many ways, but God in His wisdom knew this and is working to mold us into the couple He wants us to be. I'm thankful that He is not done with us yet and looking forward to see how He is going to shape us further in the coming years!

No comments: